A tourist's legend to understanding times & prices in Manaus
- All businesses, museums, etc are closed after 2pm
- Cabs are insanely expensive
- Some businesses are open
- Museums and tourist attractions are closed except for one or two; the most touristy section of town, around Teatro Amazonas, is a ghost town
- Mercado Municipal is open but only the fish market
- Cabs are now offensively expensive and this is explained by adding a number "2" next to the cost [Result? We learn to take the bus.]
- Everything except all-you-can-eat places and a few malls are closed; maybe there is one museum open that wasn't open yesterday and won't be open tomorrow
- All business are open except the Mercado Municipal, which is closed and boarded up
- Cabs have gone back to normal only insanely expensive but buses are now more expensive today
- And… there is no dancing or going out today because, you guessed it, it's Monday!
Ok, nevermind, maybe this is totally useless for tourists.